Friday, October 8, 2010

Family...

Last weekend was all about family.  Dan's brother and nephew were in town so we spent a lot of time with them.  Playing Wii, going to the playground, and hanging out.  It was also my niece's 8th birthday.  I can hardly believe she is 8.  I ran a marathon the day after she was born.  My brother-in-law worked nights so I spent a lot of hours with my sister and niece that first year, such wonderful memories!!

This weekend I'm taking her to the Secretariat movie if everything goes well.  She loves horses as much as I did at her age.  She is one of the sweetest and most caring little girls you will meet, I am biased though.

I also finished my monkey socks a couple of weeks ago.  Been avoiding grafting the toe, for some reason I just can't get the hang of it so it looks nice.  Thinking about trying this technique, http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter08/FEATgraft.php.  Or trying toe up socks.

I also put a deck on my house this summer.  My neighbor came over while I was mowing last week to tell me how much he likes it.  I have landscaped some since this pictures was taken.   This is how it looked before and after.




No comments:

Post a Comment