Dan and I went to Cedar Falls for UNI's Homecoming game a few weeks ago. Dan and all his friends from his dorm at college stay in touch and get together periodically. So, I got to meet all of them. We had a great time. We decided to take Friday off and relax and go up to Waterloo and hang out for the day. We wandered around downtown Cedar Falls. I got to go into Crazy Girl yarn shop. I got a skein of purple and gold for some socks later, much later. After that we went to a museum in Waterloo and then met my folks for dinner at the Hickory House. The ribs were delicious and I recommend the baked potato if you ever make it there.
The next day we met up with the college friends had lunch, did the book store thing, and wandered around campus before the game. Below is a picture we took while wandering the campus.
After watching UNI win the game we went back and hung out with the friends and kids until only the child-less people were left. We then ended up back in downtown Cedar Falls where we enjoyed some adult beverages and some really good music, of course I cannot remember the name of the band.
All in all a great weekend!! Much needed after the craziness of marching band season.
No comments:
Post a Comment