Tuesday, September 21, 2010

10 Months

Yesterday was 10 months of dating the same person for me.  Dan and I get along really well, we have had a lot of fun together over the past 10 months.  Bicycling trip to Missouri and Jazz festival, RAGBRAI, next month we are going to the UNI Homecoming game, and all the stuff in between.  We've had some downs, every relationship does but this is the first time I have felt committed to changing my perspective and compromising.  Not compromising to the point that either one of us feels we are giving up something we believe in but compromising to the point that both are happy with the outcome.  Many people have learned this already, it has taken me some time.  I have learned a lot in the process.  And I'm hoping that things continue moving forward.  Only time will tell.   I'm trying to take it one day at a time and enjoy the process.

I'm lucky in that I have a lot of friends with healthy relationships.  It is so refreshing to be around couples who truly enjoy each other and do so after many years together.  I did not have that growing up.  For so long I really doubted it could really happen.  I'm glad I was wrong! 

RAGBRAI 2010
KATY Trail Missouri
Home from Missouri Trip


And added today:
I came home to these sitting on my table, what a wonderful suprise!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 10 months! You two look so happy together & I'm so glad the relationship is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your relationship is going so well. I'm excited that you started blogging, as we have both been so busy I feel like I have been missing out on your life.

    ReplyDelete