Ahhh the big three-eight. The day came and went. I relaxed, spent time with good friends and of course my love. I got the food scale (for weighing yarn of course) that I asked for and got to splurge on some ice cream. And got in a 45 mile training ride with the man (he is faster and stronger - I am going to attribute it to my fantastic spin classes he has been attending).
I am blessed in so many ways. I may not have thought this is where I would be 10 years ago, but it is not a bad place to be. I have great friends that are always there for me, I have someone in my life that loves me, and I'm in good shape. I am gainfully employed and get to enjoy the things in life I truly love to do, knitting, cycling, listen to music, traveling, etc.
It is really easy to get sad or feel down about the things I have not accomplished, but that really does not help out. So for the rest of 2011 and hopefully beyond it is my personal goal to really focus on those things that are positive and make me happy. Clean my life out of the things that bring me down and facilitate focus on the negative.
So cheers to year 38 of my life. Life truly does keep getting better.
And thank you to all who remembered and took the time to send me happy wishes, I hope it is returned to you 100 fold.
No comments:
Post a Comment