Tuesday, May 3, 2011

TOMRV Training Update

Well, in my book we are way behind on our TOMRV training.  We did 55 miles Saturday.  We will do double that in one day of TOMRV.  I hope this weekend that we take the time to do 65 to 80 miles.  I will be honest that I really hate riding my bike after 80 miles, so the last 30 of TOMRV will be a challenge mentally as well as physically.  The good news is with the wonderful midwest winds it is just like climbing a constant 5% grade when the wind it blowing at you at 17 mph with gusts.  One time this weekend I slowed down to 9 mph, yes 9!!  The bf turns around and tells me not to stop riding, ummm..........I wasn't.........the wind caught me.  So a 11-13 turtle pace out to Redfield, but a nice 19-22 mph ride back.  So, all in all a nice ride once we turned around.    I have to keep remindng myself this is not a race.....it is a ride that is suppose to be enjoyable and fun.

Knitting is taking a back seat as it usually does this time of year, much to my dismay.  I really love to knit it is relaxing and just fun to make something.  I especially like to make things for other people.  Right now I'm working on a bunny for my niece, Lia.  I have not made her or sent her anything since she was born and I am feeling pretty bad about that.  I hope the bunny and the two books I got her will go over well.  Here is a picture of the bunny, it is a Susan B. Anderson pattern.  I love how she writes her patterns so you put it together as you go, saves the assembly later and it is fun to watch the progress.  I am finished with the arms, need to attach them and have started the legs.   I am pretty happy with it so far. 






1 comment: