Had a nice, relaxing long weekend. Got a variety of things done, wish there would have been more time to do yard work and ride the bike, but some of both got done. We rode 62 miles on Sunday, it was humid but cloudy so it was not bad, ideal weather really. Since there was rain most of the weekend, both Friday and Saturday we had to take our chances Sunday afternoon or face 35 mph wind gusts on Monday. We have down graded our TOMRV goals to the shorter route, so the 70 and 50 mile days rather than the 100+ and 90-something days. It feels much more doable. Mostly this is because some of the individuals going with us have not done much riding, one person has only been out less than a handful of times, glad it is not me. I barely feel prepared.
I've been taking a TRX class at work. It has been the hardest, most challenging class I have ever taken. I have not wanted to walk out of a class in I don't know how long. It probably has been the best thing for me, but I'm not sure I will put myself through another session until the end of the summer. I haven't quit and only have 3 sessions left, after that maybe some personal training to get stronger and try another session in the fall.......who knows.
My spinning class at work will take a session off for the summer, to resume in the fall. I really like teaching but will be glad for the break as I am going to start to train for the Des Moines Half Marathon this fall, that is the goal any ways.
So, after TOMRV maybe some half marathon training updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment