Thursday, September 22, 2011

Summer re-cap

Well it has been forever since I have posted anything.  We survived TOMRV and actually had a really good time with it, staying in dorms was so much better than camping as is done with RAGBRAI.

We rode one day of RAGBRAI, that was enough, not sure how all of those people survived the heat.

We went to the Sound Garden Concert.
We went to the Heart Concert.

We rode the Harmon Hundred (did the 50 mile option)

And now I'm training for the Des Moines Half Marathon.  I have never really loved running but lately I have been thoroughly enjoying my runs.  Some hurt more than others and some just fly by.  I'm doing  a race this coming weekend Capital Pursuit.  It is a 10 mile run with a downhill finish into downtown.  I am going to acutally race it, as much as it is a race for me.  I was shocked (at first) to find out I'm a much slower runner than I thought.  I bought a Garmin with a GPS in it so I would know how long I was running, the downfall is now I know how fast and how hard I'm working too.  But after the first shock of it I'm okay with it.  I'm enjoying myself and getting healthier and I'd rather run for a lifetime than be fast and injured (that's what I'm telling myself ;o) ). 

In a couple of weeks Dan and I are taking at trip to the Root River Valley Trail .  We are staying in this bed and breakfast the first night and this one the second night.  We are going to bike in the afternoons and relax and just have fun, I'm really looking forward to it. Then we are going to swing by the folk's farm and go to a Jazz Band concert at UNI.  I'm looking foward to a week off of work and getting out of town. 

I will try to get some pictures of our adventures posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment