Hmmm. Everyone I know is saying farewell to the year. I think it is appropriate to do so myself. 2011 has been a difficult year. The theme is CANCER and it is infecting more people than I like to talk about. From my dad to my cousin's wife who have been hit the hardest. And whose future's are still being paved. Thankfully my own brushes have been deemed insignificant in comparison.
I refuse to make resolutions, I believe resolutions are made to be broken. I prefer to make life long changes knowing that set-backs happen but that if I persevere they are only set-backs. I would like to improve some things this year that I can carry with me always.
First to let myself be close and stay close to those that I have become the closest to in 2011. I realized that through all the down times in 2011 that I have really needed people and they have been there. And if I let them they will continue to be there.
Second to step up things in the exercise department. Running has been going well, I'm learning to respect it again and actually enjoy it, we have always had a love-hate relationship. But I am quite a bit of a whiner on the bike at times. I really need to buck up and accept where I am regarding conditioning and fitness and not complain when those who ride with me are better or stronger, we all have ups and downs, 2011 was a down year in this department for me. However, I am feeling inspired. So many people around me are discovering what exercise can do for them and it inspires me to see them figure out what works and how it is going to fit in their lives.
Third to just stop and be appreciative. I tend to overbook myself and just go from thing to thing without stopping to appreciate the activity or the people or what have you. And in this one to help those I'm closest to enjoy the good times in their lives, it is a given that we will help each other through the rough times but to really revel with them in the happy times so that the good times can always outshine the shadows.
Fourth to get a little more organized at home. It is tough living between two places but I use it as an excuse too often for why things don't get put away.
I hope these things become habits that I can take with me beyond 2012.
I'm sure I will come up with more as time goes on, but this is a good start.
So onward and forward.
Have a wonderful NYE, be safe, enjoy the ones you are with!
I know I will be spending it with the people I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment