Thursday, January 12, 2012

Seasons

Finally winter has hit Iowa for a few days at least.  We have snow and below freezing temperatures.  This winter has been mild and a fantastic surprise after the past few years where we have had snow fall after snow fall.  However, it hasn't felt right.  I love the change in seasons.  The cold and the snow get old after awhile but I live in Iowa and I expect it to come and as always it passes.

I guess this could be an example of life.  We go through seasons. It is a comfort to always know that everything will pass and there will be a new phase or season right behind to follow.  Life is unpredictable. Life is full of change, embrace it or get left behind.  A person can decide to grow with the changes, whether the change is expected or unexpected.  Or a person can allow the change to choke them out, it is a decision.

1 comment: